Sunday, August 7, 2011

Words for the Week

SUNDAY. It can be such a high and low for me. I love it because it means church and getting fed spiritually and let me tell you by Sunday morning I really NEED it, especially during the work week. But by Sunday evening my thoughts take me to school and the busy week that lies ahead. I am driven by my faith in God and truly believe that I was meant to walk this path as a teacher surrounded by children and the classroom is where I belong.

As anyone who lives life as a teacher knows, this is more than a 9 to 5 job! I often look longingly at my friends who work at other jobs. They punch out at 5 and can leave it all behind! How I wish sometimes I could do that. We are studying the book, Beating Busyness at my bible class and it has really gotten me thinking about how I choose to spend my time. We read this from Beating Busyness today, " The emptiest lives are those stuffed with motion from morning to night. It is only when we have elbow room built into our days that we become still enough for God to speak to us.

So this week my plan is to make time to "wait on the Lord" and "be still"

I will take my load off as Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-30


Anyone who wants to find rest in the midst of a hectic school year may find comfort in doing the same.


Hope this wasn't too preachy a post! Have a great week and remember to take time to breathe!







0 comments:

Post a Comment