Saturday, February 25, 2012

Powerful Prefixes: Part Two

I'm so glad others want to use these! It makes it so much more worth the effort of creating things when many are able to benefit. Here are some more prefixes. If you scroll below you can find and download, prefixes: pre, non and re. Check the last post for part one which includes how I use these little prefix posters on a bridge map. I am also including the recording sheet that I use. This one can be used for any prefix. We call them "Powerful Prefixes" because they have the power to change the meaning of a word.




Here my students are sorting base words under the prefix that can be use with it. They are checking the dictionary to determine if they were right. I snuck some tricky ones in the mix like: "able" and "like". They could fit under both.




This makes for a great literacy station or partner activity. I heard much discussion as students were defending their answer and telling each other how they have heard the words used.




Here is the prefix recording sheet:







Prefix Recording Sheet

More prefix posters:

Visit again to check out more powerful prefixes and then the strong suffixes set!
Prefix Pre








Prefix Re









Prefix Non




















0 comments:

Post a Comment