Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday's Words for the Week

Gosh, I love these lines.  They really speak to me. 

This weekend we dropped my daughter off at an away camp.  She brought one small bag of clothes and a pillow and sleeping bag.  She is out in the woods with no cell phone, Ipad, Ipod, computer, tv, nothing.  I was in awe of her contentment, her happiness.   She was super excited to go and  just be outdoors with her friends.  She'll swim, hike, climb, boat and will enjoy every minute. She will come home with nothing purchased, but her mind loaded with  fun memories that no one can take away and that  won't get discarded or thrown away later on down the road.

So this summer I can learn a lesson from my daughter.  I can  focus on something other than the stuff in my life.
  I can do more and be more.